M&E Quantity Surveyor
MEB Building Services Ltd are an M&E Contractors based in Sittingbourne, Kent. We carry out M&E Fit Out and Infrastructure on Residential Properties with projects in the South East, London and surrounding areas.
We are currently looking for a M&E Quantity Surveyor to join our team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation Valuations – including value engineering and management
- Feasibility studies
- Cost benefit analysis
- Writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc.)
- Risk analysis evaluations
- Dispute resolution
- Managing project funding
- Assist/Control Final Account production and negotiations throughout the project to settlement
- Monitor Sub-contractor valuations/variations, in accordance with the agreed payment timetable
- Track project progress
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft software
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Budget and financial management
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Industry knowledge and understanding
- Liaise with Credit Control in respect of Debt and Overdue Accounts
Salary £40,000 to £80,000 depending on experience
Working Hours Monday to Friday – 8am to 5.30pm
MEB have an excellent job opportunity for an M&E Buyer to be based in a full time permanent basis from our head office in Sittingbourne, Kent.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the business growth and project delivery for Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health categories of materials and equipment through MEB’s current partners and supply chain.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
-Receiving requisitions and demands, negotiating with suppliers and processing purchase orders, purchase order amendments and/or purchase agreements in accordance with procurement processes and procedures, and the requirements of the business.
-Negotiating terms and conditions, price agreements and other contractual documents with suppliers, and resolve most areas of conflict.
-Maintaining strong, effective relationships with suppliers that are capable of withstanding setbacks, and be able to resolve relationship and performance issues.
-Understanding budget requirements for the purchase orders you are responsible for, and to support achievement of these requirements, as well as identify opportunities for cost reduction/avoidance through effective negotiation with the supplier.
-Understanding key performance indicators for the suppliers that you are responsible for, and be able to engage with and address issues at a senior level within the supplier organisation.
-Maintaining supplier open order books and ensure that correct and current data is maintained.
-Liaising with all other departments to ensure information is readily available for better buying and structuring call offs.
-Utilising Sage 50 to process orders and maintain for accurate reporting.
-Ensuring all surplus materials are collected from project sites and credited back.
-Supporting other members of the team as required in their daily responsibilities
Previous experience within the building services or construction industry environment is highly desirable.
Working hours – Monday to Friday – 8am to 5.30pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Please send your CV & covering letter along with your application.